Getting started with
Step 1: Creating your Account
- After purchasing LiveSwitch Contact make sure to click the "Get Started" button to finish setting up your account. Also look out for a welcome email with additional information.
- Don’t forget to Bookmark contact.liveswitch.com to log in next time. The email address used to check out will be the email you use to log back in next time and will be the main admin account.
Step 2: Customize Your Account
After your account setup is complete, you can customize your account for your organization.
- Navigate to the "Account Settings" section from the upper-right dropdown menu under your name.
- Upload your organization's logo and customize the default text message that is sent to customers.
- Navigate to the "Team" section from the top right dropdown menu under your name.
- Add team members by selecting "New Member."
- Team members will receive and email invitation to sign in and select a password.
Now that your account has been set up you can begin using the New Meeting button to start making video calls.
How to send instant Text Video Conversation links to customers.
Step 1: Log in into your LiveSwitch Contact Dashboard
Once you've set up your account, the option to send a customer a video link will be available on the Home of your Dashboard. Click SEND NOW to get started. Use the REQUEST NOW option if you do not need to connect live and wish to send your customer a link to make a recording at their convenience.
Step 2: Send your link
Enter the customer's phone number and click SEND to send the video link then JOIN to connect. You also have the option to enter the customer's name and change the default message that is sent with the link. The call will instantly start in a new tab.
Step 3: Start the call
Your video chat begins as soon as your customer joins. Your video tile will be displayed in the lower right corner of your device, and once your customer joins the call they will be full-screen.
What your customer sees
When you send your LIVE CONVERSATION text link, your customer is immediately notified with a text message that will look like this. You can easily customize the message using the notification template.
Once your customer clicks the link they will be prompted to join your video call by accessing their microphone and camera. Make sure to tell them to click ALLOW.
After the customer clicks 'Allow' they will enter the call with you, and voila, you are good to go. It's that easy.
From this section you are able to review recent live meeting conversation history and any recordings.
To review more details about a specific conversation simply click within the row and you will be taken to another page with more detailed information as well as access to the recording if one was made.
You can change the conversation name and add notes to any record as well as share or download recordings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Live Conversation & Request Recording links expire after 30 days.
- An email alert will be sent once a recording from a customer is available to view.
- Recordings are kept for 120 days. If you need to keep your recordings for longer click on the 3 dots to the right of the recording to download.
- You can share recordings with users that do not have a login to contact for easy collaboration.
- Password Requirements:
- At least 8 characters
- At least 3 of the following:
- Lower case letters (a-z)
- Upper case letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (e.g. !@#$%^&*)
- Recording Requests Statuses:
- Sent - Text was successfully sent to the customer.
- Delivered - Customer opened the text and clicked the link.
- Processing- Customer is using link to take video and video will be processed once they complete recording
- Ready for Review - Email notification has been sent to you that video is ready to view and the recording is in your account.
- Reviewed - You or someone has reviewed the video.
At LiveSwitch, we believe simple is better, so there is nothing to download and no apps to install. For quick and easy access, follow the below instructions to add a shortcut to your computer or mobile device.
- Open your browser (Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer or Safari)
- Type in app.contact.liveswitch.com in the URL address field
- Click on the lockbox or globe icon next to the URL and hold it down while dragging it over to your desktop then drop it where you want it to appear
- Open the Safari App
- Type in app.contact.liveswitch.com in the search field and click Go
- Once the LiveSwitch Contact site appears click on the share icon
- Select Add to Home Screen then Add
- Close out of the Safari app and you should see a new app icon for LiveSwitch Contact on your phone as an app shortcut
- Open browser and type in app.contact.liveswitch.com
- Click the three dots to the right of the URL and select Add to Home Screen then Add two times
- Close out of the internet browser and you will see the LiveSwitch Contact Icon on your phone screen as an app shortcut